The Bruthen Mechanics Institute was built in 1883. During its life it has housed the Court of Petty Sessions, the Tambo Shire Council and the Circulating Library. It has seen countless social events in the life of the community and remains a pivotal part of Bruthen today.
The building is comprised of the main hall, large meeting room, kitchen and small meeting room/first aid room. There is an undercover area at the side of the hall, and a large grassed paddock area at the back of the hall.
The main hall is suitable to seat around 100 people at tables (14 tables and 100 chairs available).